Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath

Emmi-chan

Moon

Rain-chan

Hotwire

ChaosTrinity

Hellbreaker3

JaK

Stryker

Mr.Blade

Top posting users this month
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 56 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 pm
Affiliates

Share | 

Chasm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostSubject: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:11 pm

"A sound soul in an imperfect body can endure, it is the unsound soul in a perfect vessel which falters" - Chasm, 1211 AD

Chasm

===IDENTITY===

Full Name: Rowan Calac
Codename: Chasm
Alias(es): The Wanderer, Warrior of Fire
Classification: Human-Demon Hybrid
Affiliation: Good (leaning towards evil with the addition of the mask)
Birthday: Unknown

===PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION===

Hair Color: Pitch Black with three white horizontal stripes on the left side of his head
Eye Color: Amber
Height: 5’9”
Weight: ~ 150 ibs.
Other Traits: Diamond scar on nape of neck

Clothes: Black dress pants with widely stitched inseam for maneuverability, Black dress shoes and socks, Black form-fitting suit jacket with white segmented lines on either side continuing over each shoulder. Skull shaped crest at manubrium.

===POWERS===

Powers: Flame Manipulation, Flight, Resilience, Immortality

Flame Manipulation: Chasm can generate, manipulate, and extinguish flames in the material world. All of the fire he produces or influences is a light purple with black outlining in coloring due to the demon taint in his body and burns at whatever temperature he desires (with a limit of about 3000 degrees Fahrenheit). Mostly impervious to fire damage. Fire can be generated from any of his limbs, his respiratory system or born from his mind, but unless the fire is already in existence at a distance, his own self generated fire cannot extend beyond around 200 feet (which seems like a lot until you realize most battles take up anywhere between 30 feet and a few square miles)

Flight: Able to attain speeds of around Mach 1.5 (1,100 mph) flight is only attainable while conscious. Furthermore, flight at maximum speed takes around 5 seconds of continued flight to build up to, making it optimal for long distance travel but useless for short distance flights due to both the inability to predict obstructions and react quickly enough to dodge them during flight as well as the time requirement necessary to build up to high speed flight. At best Rowan can reach 200 miles per hour during normal flight. (the highest speed at which he can safely dodge obstructions and the like). Although unable to turn on a dime, Chasm can make turns based on his flight speed, he is able to turn almost instantaneously when moving at a speed of around 5 miles per hour but such a change would be imperceptible, whereas a turn at 200 miles per hour would follow an arc of around 60 feet. (So he'd need a space about 8ox80 feet in order to bank indefinitely without colliding into any walls)
-Flight Conditioning: Immunity to differing pressures and moisture conditions from higher and lower speeds and elevations.

Demonic Resilience: Body is immune to diseases which effect humans, impervious to minor damage (small caliber bullets, mildly sharp or unenchanted blades, mild impacts)

Immortality: I would like to clarify, this is NOT the same as invincibility. Chasm has been around for a long time and, if he remains free of any fatal wounds or supernatural afflictions he will continue to live on. He can die as any other tangible creature can, but he won't just out of "old age."

Skills:

Fighting Prowess: Sharpened reaction timing and muscle tone that accompanies 200 years of fighting training from a multitude of eastern practices.

Language Skills: Able to roughly understand the majority of the world's currently existing languages. Can also speak Latin.
Fo reals.

Marksmanship: A fair shot with his dual pistols. No extraordinary shooting skills to note but is not a stranger to a gun.

Weaknesses:

Magic or Force: Enchantments or attacks powerful enough to break his resilience.

Oxygen Deprivation: A lack of oxygen in an area severely reduces the range and overall intensity of his flames as the fire he creates is only fueled by his spirit up to a point. After approximately 4 feet it requires oxygen in order to sustain itself.

Holy Light: His demon blood forbids contact with objects intended for destroying satanic forces (holy water, sage, pure silver). Anything coated in these or other evil shattering substances will break his resilience immediately no matter the strength of the attacker.

Equipment:

Dual Pistols: Makes use of twin steel pistols he keeps in leg holsters inside his pockets.

===PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE===

Personality:
Chasm often attempts to remove himself from people in order to not have to explain his identity. He’s gotten too close to too many over the years only to have them die at his side. He finds it better to avoid humans altogether, however. If befriended many would find him to be a kind and energetic person; an air he’s adapted after a millennium-long existence. This being said, once he grows close to a person he is loathe to see them put in harms way (why meet up with someone only to have them taken from you after all). Outwardly cold and emotionless but inwardly caring and light.
Periodically, Rowan's demon side overtakes him. This causes no shift in power or ability except for demeanor and physical appearance. His teeth grow to points and his overall attitude becomes much darker and more aggressive. This occurs whenever he's extremely frustrated or whenever he wears the Mask of Fire for too long a period of time.

Strengths:
Although not a leader, he will follow the will of a group to a task’s completion no matter the cost to himself. He encourages others to persevere even in the face of evil.

Interests/Habits: After an existence as long as his, Chasm has found refuge in music. He enjoys playing the piano as well as the flute whenever alone.

===PERSONAL BACKGROUND===

Family Members:

Mother: Maryn (Deceased)
Father: Althalos (Deceased)
Sister: Kina (Deceased)
Sister Lauralel (Deceased)

Place of Origin:
Prague

Current Location:
Forest South of both Steel and Jump City. Resides in a cavern hidden in a hill.

History:

Rowan Calac, born to Althalos and Maryn Calac, was the middle of three children. He came into existence in a time when the world was ripe with magical study. And at the center of it all stood Prague, a city who delved deeper than any other into the inner workings of magic.
His mother was an enchantress at the time and made her living selling Golems and enchanting specified objects for her customers. His father studies light magic out in the open but practiced necromancy at night in the seclusion of the family’s cavernous basement.
As each child reached the age of 12, their parents took them to the city center to view the different magicks for themselves and choose a profession to begin their personal study. Kina accepted the art of divination as her calling and for the next 7 years practiced throughout Prague. 2 years after Kina’s choosing, Rowan was brought to the town center and, entranced with the magical properties of the flame, became a student of fire for the following 5 years. On the fifth year, at the age of 12, Lauralel was brought to the town center to choose her own area of magical study, to her father’s displeasure and her mother’s encouragement, she selected the newly risen art of electricity; a magic of unpredictable and wily power. For the next year, Lauralel made leaps in electrical study that no other magician had, she created the world’s first battery and, combining it with her mother’s Golems, was awarded the highest honors of her time as the newly improved Golems were bought to protect the city of Prague herself.

But the children’s father grew jealous of his youngest daughter’s newly found success, for while she was emblazoned in tapestry’s, her discoveries recorded in the chronicler’s archive and her inventions sold throughout Prague, the art of necromancy was shunned, banished to the shadows for it’s dark practices.
In a last ditch effort, Althalos took his son, the strongest of his children, in the dead of night and bound him to the table of his laboratory.
He had searched for a way to combine a demon spirit with a human spirit, enhancing a human to it’s greatest potential and, with practice, beyond. Summoning the demon to his side, he bound it’s soul inside the chest of the boy who lay by his side.
For the first hour the boy’s soul battled the demon’s and all was still in the house, Althalos marveled at his own success, he had accomplished a feat no other had managed to.
But one soul overtook the other, and the boy’s soul vanished into the void, awaiting the rest of it’s owner to follow. The creation of the entity, a magician’s body with a human mind and the soul of a demon, his son, left Althalos speechless. He prided himself on his work and began to document his success.
But before his quill touched the ink, the house was consumed. The magical energies harnessed by the demon broke and the dwelling was torn asunder. Althalos, Maryn, Kina and Lauralel were slain in an instant, torn to pieces by the demonic entity as a final act of rebellion against the world before being sealed within the boy. As the smoke died down it revealed the remnants of the magician's house, the only discernible features being a crater and the boy. As Rowan stood newly born among the the flaming remnants of his home, the fires took on a deep purple hue; tainted by the demonic energies residing within the boy.

Though the soul of a demon inhabited his body, Rowan’s mind was yet his own, his body was under his control, and thus his will was as it had ever been. Harnessing the demon’s strength, Rowan took to the skies. In Prague Rowan could exist in only sorrow, but the night before, Kina had called him to her bedside.
She spoke of a wonderful new place, separated from them by a millennium, where Lauralel’s technological genius flourished, even after her passing.
And in her vision, an image of a huge spire, the shape of a T…

Afternote
Yes, I know, Death the Kid, is awesome, got it.

Last edited by Abyssal on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:30 pm

And I don' want to rush anyone, but it's my first character and I'm really curious as to what people think..

Mumbo
Chasm (Rowan Calac) ----+++++---- Slade ----+++++---- Lucir An'karthas ----+++++---- Mumbo
Unfortunately, It's college time, And as much as I'm really enjoying RPing with eveyone, there may be some times when I'm away fro an extended period of time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:34 pm

I'll check it now but remember this Abyssal this is a form site that's new so it might not be this quick next time for someone to reply to a thread your in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scrpg.forumotions.net
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Ok i just checked the powers and the thing is your character seems a little to OP (Over Powered) Please take him off the steroids you put him on and lower the powers strength and I'll finish the rest.
Back to top Go down
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Okay, I took out the shadow Meld/ Invisibility thing entirely so now his powers are limited to flight and fire. And whereas the resilience would normally matter, most of the posters on the site have weaponry or abilities that will break it in a heartbeat, and it's not like getting hammered with blunt force enough won't beat him eventually, even if it doesn't break his resilience. That power should only matter to NPC's or super underpowered villains who don't have anything of strength. so getting shot usually wouldn't hurt him, but if there's some super sniper person on the site then obviously that would break his resilience.
And the immortality isn't really a power that matters in this span of time, it's more for story purposes than RPing purposes.

Shall I edit more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 pm

the powers you still have are op like the fire temp i think is a little too high and the flight is to fast like if you used flight with you could easily god mod it dodging every attack even Kid Flash on her can only go 800mph or something like that. Please tone down your current powers.
Back to top Go down
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Okay, I brought his powers down. Basically I only wanted him to be able to melt steel if need be, as often we see characters in Teen Titans blast through walls which likely have steel supports in them. I'm simply trying to put him at the same level as the rest of them (although apparently I misjudged the melting point of steel..)
And while I didn't bring his maximum speed down, he would never actually use it in a combat situation because he'd just end up throwing himself through a building and breaking his arm or something.

Mumbo
Chasm (Rowan Calac) ----+++++---- Slade ----+++++---- Lucir An'karthas ----+++++---- Mumbo
Unfortunately, It's college time, And as much as I'm really enjoying RPing with eveyone, there may be some times when I'm away fro an extended period of time..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 pm

yes but still I would like you to bring down the speed even if he wont use it in combat.
Back to top Go down
Abyssal
Sidekick
Sidekick

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:22 pm

...okay...

Alright, so it's down to around 1000 mph, now he can't really outrun flying aircraft, but at least he can still fly.

Mumbo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tannascurath
Master poster
Master poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:39 pm

ok well I gess this app is ok for now but if you start to god mod even if it's unintelligent You'll have to tone down your character more but until then this app is...

Back to top Go down
JaK
Skilled Poster
Skilled Poster

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 pm

Death the Kid !!!

PostSubject: Re: Chasm   

Back to top Go down

Chasm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1