Teen Revolution

Pick any side you want, Hero, Villain, and everything in between as you run around Star City interacting with others in this DC world based RP with an OC storyline.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Advertising
Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» Advertising
Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:23 pm by Guest

» White out (Open)
Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:40 pm by Pikazilla

» Max White
Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:10 am by Silent

» A meeting of monsters. (T)
Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm by Tannascurath

» Eternal Rest: Event (Open To All)
Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:51 pm by Hellbreaker3

» War And Peace (HB/Ask)
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:46 am by Hellbreaker3

» We're All Stars In This City: Event (Open)
Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:36 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Alcerlic Invasion: Part 1 The Face Of Fear (Event Thread)
Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:56 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Event Villan: Drummer
Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 pm by Tannascurath

In Character Date

Month: September
Year: 2016
Season: Fall

Recently more villains have been entering into the fray even the playing field for villains against neutrals but there are still a surplus more of heroes than villains. Though the villains are certainly putting up a fight to further themselves very quickly.

Top posters
Tannascurath

Emmi-chan

Moon

Rain-chan

Hotwire

ChaosTrinity

Hellbreaker3

JaK

Stryker

Mr.Blade

Top posting users this month
Poll
How Ready Are You?
I And My Characters Are 100% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 75% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 50% Ready For An SF
100%
 100% [ 1 ]
I And My Characters Are 25% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I And My Characters Are 0% Ready For An SF
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
Our Staff Roster
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 56 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 pm
Affiliates

Share | 

Learning something new.(rain/open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luke Zhào
Civillian
Civillian

PostSubject: Learning something new.(rain/open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Luke had just started class, it had been a long couple weeks but he decided to bail on the fight. He couldn't compare his dream to someone else anymore, it would just be unfair. He just told them that he had some personal reasons and he wasn't sure about jumping into fighting at his age, he'd convinced them he'd make a splash with a professional career once he was oldr but for now he was content in furthering his training. Since most of the older guys we're hard into training for a fight Luke was helping out with teaching some of the younger kids. Only just moving on from the basic punch and kick it was time to show them how to move. "first rule, never cross you power and leading leg, this throws off your balance and you won't be able to throw kicks. When you move only the lower part of your leg is doing the stepping, other wise you'll start bouncing around like a boxer." He took a stance and started to walk forward and backward. "The movement doesn't need to be complicated; forward, back, side-to-side. It's simple and simple works. start slow and watch yourself." While the kids practiced he would watch and correct any mistakes, like the eager ones that start moving to fast and lost the technique in the process, while he didn't learn anything new teaching people was a great way to reenforce the basics. "Slow movements, it allows you're body to learn the move so you'll do it without thinking. Everyone wants to move fast and kick people in the head, it's the basics that win fights."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rain-chan
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new.(rain/open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Anna-mae observed how the boy taught his class. His teaching techniques were standard and worked. She smiled as she saw him pay one-on-one attention to those who needed it. She got up from her seat on the wall and moved to the front of the classroom. She looked across the room and saw where each of the children were, and she noticed that even if they were "getting" it, it was still choppy and unsure. She smiled softly and went to Luke. May I say something to your class? She exuded an aura of professionalism and confidence. She spoke clear and positively.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luke Zhào
Civillian
Civillian

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new.(rain/open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Luke was caught a bit off guard by the woman, while she appeared to be sure of herself he hadn't met this women before and this place had ran to a fair share of people who thought they could fight without experience. "Are you experienced in muay thai?" He wasn't trying to insult her but he hadn't exactly taken into consideration how that could sound. "We might teach things little bit differently then what you could be used to, it might seem odd at first but there's a method to our madness." The only chance that would be embarrassing is if she didn't know any martial arts, even then it wouldn't fall on his head. He glanced at the kids to see that there wasn't much interest in the drill, not that it suprised him considering he was dealing with a bunch of energetic kids. "Two more minutes, then we'll move into combos with the teep today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rain-chan
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new.(rain/open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Anna-mae stood calmly as he asked a very offensive question to her. She had lived on this planet 200 years, and never had she been asked that question when popping into classes like this all over the world. Most places she had been to didn't even speak to her; they just stepped aside and let her do as she pleased. She smiled at this boy's question. it was a breath of fresh air for her. Why yes, I am well versed in the ways of Muay Thai.

She listened to him talk about their "unique" teaching techniques and almost laughed at his remark that it may be different than what she was used to. She had seen about every method in the book, and then some. She watched the kids and smiled as she saw that they were getting bored with the basics. Just like children, they always want to do more than they can handle. She looked at the time. They had only been working on this step for about three minutes. Plus two, that's five. She frowned at this short time interval. She looked back to Luke.

You really should focus more on the basics if you actually hope to see progress. She was not discouraging at all, she was actually quite positive about this. She enjoyed helping people teach their students at a higher efficiency and had a way of critiquing people so that it didn't come off harsh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luke Zhào
Civillian
Civillian

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new.(rain/open)   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Luke just shrugged as he watched the kids, he wasn't trying to blow her off but he did have to see how they we're doing. "If we start throwing too much progress at them they'll lose interest, it's a fun activity for them, not more work." his own childhood was fairly fresh in his mind when he spoke to her now, "More and more of the kids their age will become lazy, as long as this is a place that they can come and enjoy themselves they're a step ahead. Once they mature a bit they can decide if they want to keep coming for the exercise or if they'll become a fighter. You don't buy into the martial art after-all, just the chance to see if you enjoy it." He watched the clock hit the time as he was speaking to her but he didn't move onto the next exercise until after he had finished. "Alright, sprint two laps around the gym and pair up!" The distance was only about a hundred meters but it's be enough to get the blood pumping. "So what is it you had to say?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning something new.(rain/open)   

Back to top Go down

Learning something new.(rain/open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1