Posts : 3624
Points : -2147479369
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-08-08
Age : 20
|Subject: Updates to the site and Coding How to thread Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:26 am|| |
So I looked around for cool things I could update the site with and to add to it to just make it look a bit more fancy. I added in codes to the css coding of the site to do the following.
- The navigation bar (Home, FAQ, Search, Member, Groups, Profile, PM, Log Out) now has a glowing effect to where when you hover over the different buttons it looks like the red circuit styled letters light up like real lights.
- Clickable links now glow/light up read when you hover over them.
- Sections now light up a redish color when you hover over them.
- The Chat box title is now colored red please let me know what you think about it cause I'm still not sure if coloring it this was a good idea or not.
Now I have also put up a thread where I explain cool coding things that you can do that aren't really easily found out about by looking at the quick select buttons in the reply box. These are just things either I knew or found out about and I explain them to the best of my ability though notes that the first few I found out how to alter through fiddling with them and such.
So there may be different things you can do with them that I don't know yet. But I have thus far explained the following things please message me if you want me to explain a different coding that you have seen me do before and I'll do my best to explain it.
- Adding a background to your post along with a border to it and a glow effect to the border.
- Adding a music player to a post and how to customize what it looks like.
- Adding a box in your post with a colored back ground, border, and a glow that are all customization.
- How to make people see their name in your post no matter who they are without writing the name of the member and just writing a very simple code instead.
- How to make your text scroll vertically/horizontally.
- How to make your text glow white.
- How to flip your text in a mirror fashion, vertically and horizontally.
Link to the thread: http://scrpg.forumotions.net/t697-interesting-coding-and-how-it-works